Saturday 27 September 2014

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels - June 2014

Apologies for the delay in posting this blog and the many others to come. I have had a very busy few months with holidays, theatre trips and other amazing experiences!

The day after West End Live, I went to see Dirty Rotten Scoundrels at the Savoy Theatre. This was one of my four shows I had booked with money I had received for my birthday back in April. On arrival at the theatre, I was informed that the area I was booked to sit in was in fact closed that night and that I would be upgraded to a better seat. I could not complain as I had paid £24.50 for my ticket and was upgraded as I found out later to a £67.50 and as it turns out, a sit with a much better view!

The musical, itself, is based on the 1988 movie and originally opened on Broadway in 2005, finally making its way to the West End earlier this year. The musical follows the attempts of two con men to hoodwink a millionaire heiress in the French Rivera. With Robert Lindsey and Rufus Hound as the leads, with the talents of Katherine Kingsley and Samantha Bond, it had a fantastic cast! The show itself was amazing and very funny! Robert and Rufus were fantastic and worked well together. I was quite impressed with them, only knowing them for comedy rather than musical theatre! Samantha Bond was also amazing, but as always the standout was the extremely talented Katherine Kingsley, who absolutely shone throughout the show!


After the show, I made my way to stage door, but sadly I only got to meet Samantha Bond, as the cast were having after show drinks that night! But no worries, I hope to attend the show again to see the new cast members!

No comments:

Post a Comment