Saturday 26 October 2013

Bruno Mars' Moonshine Jungle Tour - The O2 Arena, October 2013

Back in February, I booked tickets to see Bruno Mars live at The O2 Arena. The time between booking and finally seeing him really felt like it dragged on forever. So you can imagine my excitement when the day finally arrived! And typically my daughter got to come with me as my friend was unable to come!

I have to admit, while I think the choice of support act was a good one as it really did fit with Bruno's musical style, the set was just far too long at 45 minutes. I ended up being fed up and just wanting Bruno to hurry up and get on stage as I had already waited long enough from when I booked back in February!

But it ended up being worth the wait, because when he finally came on stage, he was brilliant! The show was electric and so fast moving, that it didn't feel all that long (it was around a 90mins set). He performed a good variety of his songs, from stuff from the latest album, all of his classics and even the stuff he had featured on for other artists!

It turned out, as I had found out earlier in the day, that it was Bruno's birthday that day and he was still performing despite that. So his band got the entire audience to sing Happy Birthday to him! Hearing the entire arena sing was definitely a surreal thing! Bruno even looked a little embarrassed!

Overall, this show was definitely one of the best live gigs I have been to! Bruno knows how to command a crowd without the need for big theatrics, which is not something that is easy to do these days! Even better though, was that the tickets costs much less than other concerts I have attended at The O2! Next time Bruno Mars is over in the UK touring, I definitely hope to be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment