Monday 9 July 2012

Dream Come True

In May, I had the chance to make my daughter's dream come true by meeting that one celeb that is a absolute dream! Both me and my daughter are self confessed Gleeks (Glee fans for those not in the know) and the chance to meet anyone from the show would be a dream, but the biggest dream was meeting Lea Michele! So it helped when my husband informed me she was in London and attending the Glamour Awards. So after some research, a tantrum from my daughter and a quick check on travel, the decision was made to go. I knew from experience there was no guarantee we would meet her, but we had to try as the opportunity was there and it might not of come again!

Straight after school, Rachael and I shot up into London and up to Berkeley Square, adding in a quick stop for food. We arrived that we were not the only ones to have the same idea but I didn't let it ruin our spirits! Sadly, it was a long wait to be able to get our place behind the barrier, but a notepad and pen kept Rachael busy and being access the Glamour wifi connection kept me happy, plus doing what I love to do, making friends! When we were finally allowed through, we ended up in what we thought could potentially be a bad spot and not one person would allow my daughter a better view. You would think a group of middle aged men despite wanting to meet the same star us, would of been more understanding! Luckily, an additional barrier was added, which Rachael promptly sat on! Ok, so we were at the end but we had to optimistic that our dream of meeting Lea would come true!

Once the stars begun to arrive, we were shocked at just how many walked straight after a quick pose for the press! You would think with all the fans there, more of them would stop, but even stars renowned for their love of their fans were walking straight in. But that all changed when Jamie Campbell Bower showed up! He walked up every area with fans and signed autographs! Rachael had no idea who he was but I did, to me he was the first cast member of Harry Potter I had got to meet!


The next celeb to sign autographs was Jason Issacs! Yes, another Harry Potter cast member! As you can imagine, I was happy! Jason actually spoke to Rachael, asking her if she was actually comfortable sitting on the barrier the way she was. I also spoke and made a complete fool of myself saying he had played well in Soccer Aid a couple of nights earlier, though he promptly reminded me, he had not touch the ball and was injured! Even so, he was very sweet and a honour to meet!



Then the woman we had been waiting for arrived to huge screams and cheers for not only the fans but the press! Yes, Lea Michele had arrived, looking absolutely stunning! She went straight to the fans and started signing and posing for photos and then went and posed for the press. It looked she was not going to come to us until a member of the security team pointed out Rachael, while the fans around us screamed for her, also pointing at Rachael! Lea then began to approach us, which made me start to cry, all because my little girl was going to get to meet her idol! The moment Lea approached Rachael, she smiled and went "awwww" and then promptly signed an autograph! Rachael managed to pass Lea a drawing she had done, however we do not whether she has kept or even looked at it properly. I like to think she has!

We could of left after meeting Lea, but we decided to see who else turned up! Next to come down to us was the stunningly beautiful and petite Eva Longoria! On seeing Rachael, she said "Awww, you're so cute" or something along those lines! She also signed us an autograph, not that Rachael knew who she was.




The celeb arrivals started to ease but there was one last surprise in the form of Oscar Winner and A Lister, Cuba Gooding Jnr! In a moment of quiet from the press and the fans, I called out "Cuba, come meet my daughter!" And he did! Rachael did not immediately know who he was but did recognise him from a Disney movie! She was impressed a meeting someone as famous as Cuba!



After that, the celeb arrivals pretty much stopped, so we decided to go home, tired but extremely happy our dream had come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment