Thursday 26 July 2012

Three Days Later.......

.......and yes, I got to meet the Backstreet Boys again!  Thirteen years since I last tried and then I meet them twice in four days!

Yes, I know I said in a previous blog entry that I would not be returning to the studios, but the urge was too strong not to! Plus, the fact I had not got autographs and photos from all five of the boys was starting to get me! So I had to go back, I had to complete the set!

I was not even planning to go on Friday. I was going to go Saturday and bring my eight years old daughter with me! But again, the urge was too strong, I needed to go sooner and when thinking about it, Saturday would probably be busier! So Friday it had to be and luckily I was able to arrange for Charlie to go to his friend's house to play, leaving me with just Owen to come with me!

It turned to be an amazing day for so many reasons and I am so glad I changed my mind about coming back!

1. The Fans! For some reason, it seemed there was a much more friendly crowd of fans there, which resulted in a much relaxed and happier atmosphere. What was even better is that people were willing to chat to each other, leading to friendships being made and lots of great laughs being had. The best part though was meeting fans who I had spoken to about the studios. I got to meet Bobby, who had been so nice about giving me all the information I needed to be successful in meeting the boys! I also got to meet two of the ladies, to whom I had passed on what I knew. To be able to thank each other in person just made it even more special! But it reminded me of why I never minded waiting around when I was teenager, it made me remember just how great the fans can be!


2. The Film Crew! I am not a vain person and quite honestly, I hate seeing myself on video but I loved the fact I was down at studios when the film crew (making a documentary to celebrate the boys' 20 years as a band) was there filming! The reason why was because I was going to be part of something special and important for the boys and the fans. Admittedly, I will cringe when I see myself on camera if any shots I am in make the cut! 


3. Meeting Q! For those who are not fans, Q is the band's security, bodyguard, whatever term you see fit to describe him. To us fans, he is the sixth member! We all love him as much as we love them! He has such a tough job and there are many fans who do not help and do not listen to him, but for those that do, they get to meet the band they love! What was particularly special for me is the fact he remembered me from my previous visit but more specifically Charlie and his wellies being on the wrong feet! 


4. The naughty chat with AJ! I had heard and seen on Twitter that the boys loved to hang out of the window and chat to the fans. I didn't get to experience it the first time as I shot straight off when they went in. But we hung around on Friday chatting to the other fans. Next thing, we know AJ is hanging out of the window asking whether we were signing a petition (it was a release for the documentary). One fan shouted back, "Yes, we signing a petition to get you to strip naked!" AJ told us to just ask, so I did! I still can't believe I did that but what a memory to have! I am not telling you the rest of conversation, as the girls got more and more suggestive as it went on!

5. The boys themselves!!! Obviously they are the main reason for the day being so special, so I cannot leave them out! All the fans agreed that it did help that the film crew was there as they were more willing to stop and chat with the fans for longer, which was good for me as it helped me complete my photos and autographs. When I asked AJ for another photo, I admitted that the last one was not taken at a good angle, which he agreed that he knew the feeling! Photos definitely are much better than my previous as my friend, Sam was with me, taking them for me and vice versa! I even felt much calmer, did not shake and felt more content once I met each one of them! 

The fact I also got to cuddle up to them as well this time made me even happier! Nick seemed much more happy than he had previously. Brian appeared to be quieter but it was obvious he was missing his family, especially considering it was his wife's birthday that day. AJ and Howie were both chatting away to the fans and as always Kevin took his time with the fans. It is seeing the boys in this situation that helps reminds me (and hopefully the rest of the fans) that they are normal people, who may not always be in the best moods. But the fact they were all still willing to stop to speak to us shows that despite whatever mood they are in, they really do care about and love their fans!


I have not been back to the studios that day as I have not felt the need to. I am glad I haven't as the fans are starting to become out of control and placing themselves and the boys in danger with their behaviour. Meaning the boys have not always stopped or have left by a different exit. It is sad that people are willing to ruin it for everyone else. Admittedly, AJ has not helped by (I presume) accidentally revealing the address in a photo, which if the fans have noticed, may of increased the numbers waiting for them. So I am grateful to have been able to meet them and to have met them in a calm and relaxed circumstances! 



1 comment: