Tuesday 17 July 2012

Thirteen Years in the Waiting.....

Finally, 13 years after I tried and failed to meet them, I got to meet the Backstreet Boys! To say I am happy is an understatement, I am buzzing, ecstatic, on cloud nine, over the moon, I could go on! The simple fact is one of my dreams came true today and nothing can take away that feeling!

I spent an hour and a half travelling across London for this, along with my two youngest children, my friend, Candé and her two daughters, just to spend five minutes with the Backstreet Boys and it was totally worth it!  Obviously, there was that worry as to whether my children would behave at the precise moment I needed to and luckily, they did, for which I am very proud of them!

The Boys arrived just before midday and were more than happy to pose for photos and sign autographs. Kevin and Howie were the first out and immediately spotted my boys and said hello to them! The fans did go a little a crazy but I waited patiently and got that long waited for photo with Kevin after to being so close to him 13 years earlier.

Next up was the one photo I said I wanted most of all and anything else I got would just be an added bonus! That photo was with Brian, who has been my favourite member for as long as I can remember. He quite happily agreed to the photo and I got it! One very happy fan! I have to say he look very handsome in the shirt he wearing!

I, then, spotted AJ immediately next to me so quickly asked for a photo before he disappeared in. Loved the fact he had his trademark sunglasses on! At that point, though, I realised Howie had already gone in and that Nick was attempting to head in, despite still being surrounded a few fans. So I gave up and went grabbed my autograph book and Sharpie!

I saw that both Kevin and Brian were stood right my stroller where Owen was sitting patiently (and for a two year old child that is impressive). I headed straight over to Brian as again if I had to have anyone's autograph, it was going to be his! He had being given a box of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and was using the box to balance people's books while he signed. As I was standing there waiting, he joked it was just like having his own desk!

After I got Brian's autograph, I spotted Kevin sneaking back around the car so he could head in. So I turned and intercepted so I could his autograph and got it. Just before Kevin headed inside, he said hello to Charlie again, put his hand down onto Charlie's head and said to him, "Have a good day!" All I could say was thank you but was very happy and grateful nonetheless.

Q, the boys' security guard, also spoke to Charlie, as he was peering into the gate, perhaps considering sneaking in. Q commented on the fact that Charlie's wellies were on the wrong feet (not an uncommon occurrence) but Charlie went shy, though I suspect he may of been scared for some reason! I did tell Q that for some reason Charlie prefer wearing his wellies wrong, which made him laugh!

Brian was the only one left after Kevin went in (yes, that made me pleased) so like every other fan, I decided to see if I could get any more photos (not with him) of Brian. Not exactly the easiest thing to do when there is only one of the boys and 20 odd fans! But I managed to capture quite nice one!

This all took place in the space five minutes, maybe ten. But I was shaking the whole time all because I was so excited! I am so happy that I finally got to meet the boys after all these years of waiting and they were all so nice and really happy to stop and speak with the fans! I would head back up to the studios to complete the photos and autographs I still need but I got the photo I really wanted (Brian!) and want every fan to be able to have the chance I had as well!

Roll on the new album, the 20th Anniversary celebrations and hopefully, new tours! Perhaps, that is when I can complete the collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment