Monday 9 July 2012

Smile for the Camera!

So before I start this one, I must confess something! I only truly became a fan of this next person in the week leading up to meeting them! However, I cannot understand why it took me so long to realise what an amazing artist she truly is!

The artist of whom I am talking is Carrie Underwood. You see, Rachael and I have loved "Ever, Ever After" since Enchanted was released! Plus we love "Last Name" when it was performed on Glee, however, it was a couple of years before we found it was Carrie's song! I saw she was signing albums at HMV and decided to google her and the album title to see what videos were available and I found a live performance of Blown Away. She was absolutely stunning live and song was fantastic. I was hooked instantly and went out and got every album of hers I could find and book two last minute tickets to her gig at the Royal Albert Hall!

On the day of the signing, we shot up London (you may start seeing a recurring theme with this), and headed to HMV, quickly buying the album I had unable to get earlier in the week and headed to the queue. I have to admit I wasn't sure if I was expecting a long or short queue, but it was a good size when we got there. Slowly as the two hours past before we were allowed in, more fans arrived. I was very impressed she had a good size fanbase in London! Eventually, the crowd was allowed to start making their way into the store to wait for Carrie to arrive! We were stopped just as we reached the door and made to wait but this turned out to be a blessing in disguise as I am about to reveal!

We were led in to the front of a new line, right next to the press photographers and the staff running the event. The press were immediately taken with Rachael and took a couple of shots of her while she was waiting. Then just before Carrie was due to come out on the stage, a member of staff approached me asking if they could use Rachael for some press shots with the lady herself! Obviously, I had to say yes! Admittedly, I asked the fans who were meant to be first up if they had a problem with it but on seeing Rachael, the actually didn't mind! It was at this point, Carrie came out on stage and begun posing for the press. While waiting, I grabbed some of my own photos, before we went up on stage!


I took Rachael up and to the table and we were asked to look round at the cameras. I seen the cameras go off before but I was not prepared how bright it was! Then Carrie came back around the table for photos with us. I was not meant to be in the picture but Carrie put her arm round me and I was not going to say no for a photo with her! As I stepped when asked, she turned to me and commented on how bright the flashes of the cameras were. It made me feel better that celebs do not always enjoy them! 

I was so proud and impressed with Rachael. She had no issue with the cameras constantly going off and she behaved so well! Though, I think she was glad when we could finally turn round to the table and get the album signed! At that point, I was able to come back over to her and helped her talk to Carrie (Rachael goes quiet when she meets new people) and pass her drawings she had done for Carrie to her. Carrie was very impressed with them and loved them! I have to admit I couldn't shut up! When I meet celebs, I either can't talk or I babble for England! I am certain they think I am all crazy! I told Carrie we were newer fans but we were coming to the show and were very excited about it! After she had past the album back to us, we were done and it was time to leave the stage. We were only up there for 3 or 4 minutes but it felt much longer!

I want to finish to thanking the amazing fans. Not only did capture some photos but two fans captured the moment on video, thus creating a lasting memory for us! We really appreciated it and were really happy we were able to show our family the moment we met the beautiful, Carrie Underwood!

No comments:

Post a Comment