Monday 17 June 2013

Chris Colfer Book Signing - 16th June 2013

Up until yesterday, Rachael and I had been fortunate enough to have to met two cast members of one of our favourite TV show, Glee. Yesterday, we were got to meet a third, the absolutely adorable, Chris Colfer.

This past week has been crazy in terms of the information flying round. No one really knew what was going on. The only thing we had figured out was that was a lot of interest and people were planning to camp out. The scaremongering started Saturday morning when Bluewater Waterstones tweeted a photo of the first person to turn up to camp out. From there, more and more people turned up, that by the time we had got up and ready to go, I actually threatened not to go.


We were very lucky to meet loads of wonderful people, starting at London Bridge where we met the lovely Lauren, who had flown over from Northern Ireland just to attend. It really did help the long wait go so much quicker. We arrived just before 9am and grabbed a ticket, number 437. We were there, we had a number, we were guaranteed to meet him! The next six hours went by so quickly thanks to amazing laughs, chats and fun we were having with the group of people we had met. (I'm sorry I cannot mention you all by name, cos I cannot remember them all and if I did, knowing me, I would forget someone).


Then the time came to meet the man himself. As expected Rachael went completely shy, but Chris was so lovely to her. I bent down next to her, rather than get the photo I had originally promised I would get, and helped through the meeting. Chris asked her name and replied that he was hearing the name Rachael a lot lately when she replied. I took this as my opening to tell we had meet Lea last year, to which he gave us a huge smile. If he said anything else, I honestly cannot remember! But I did managed to throw in that we were looking forward to seeing him in Glee next season. He was definitely worth the 6 hour wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment