Tuesday 25 June 2013

West End Live 2013

It was that time of the year again, it was time for West End Live 2013.

I have to admit I had been a bit unsure of the line up for the Sunday this year as it was mainly children based shows but in the end it turned out to be an amazing day, due to the announcement of Matthew Morrison turning up to do yet another CD Signing! Though the day did not begin till midday, we arrived two hours early to queue up in order to get our usual spot by the fountain and to be guaranteed we would get in as it had been fully packed the day before and we did not want to risk not meeting the Matthew again! We were also joined by Lauren, someone who I met through twitter and had also been at the show on Thursday!

The show began at midday with an always performance from the show Stomp. It was followed, a twice performed number by The Lion King, which had major technical difficulties. It was followed by firm fan favourite, Matilda, which Rachael is still bugging me about booking tickets for. Next up was The Gruffalo, which I have to admit I am definitely intrigued by and it looks it could make the transfer to stage quite well. It was followed by Everything's Rosie, something that keep everyone happy, just due to the song "Walking on Sunshine" being played. Next up was Let it Be, which I was highly impressed by and Rachael was not, until they played a song she actually knew and liked. Finally it was Thriller Live, as action packed and exciting as always. They were loads more acts but missed them due to what came next.

It was time for an interview with Matthew Morrison, which sent most of the crowd crazy! It was made even better by the fact that he hinted that he was considering doing a show in the West End Live (which is now backed up by rumours that he is in talks with a producer to do so) and that he was coming back to the UK next year (June 2014, I cannot wait). At which point, it was announced he would signing CDs in the TKTS Tent, which made me, Lauren and Rachael run across to get in line. Though it was a few minutes before he moved as he stopped to watch a performance from Billy Elliot, which is always worth a watch due to the amazing talented cast it has.

When he approached the tent, it obviously spotted me because when I turned round to see him walking over, he touched my arm and gave me a big smile, so which made me happy to know he still remembered me, despite the number of fans he had met over the past few days. Even better was when we approached the table and he said to Rachael, "There you are!" as he remembered her from Friday, but then again how can anyone forget her, she is just so cute! As I had already had his new album signed twice, I got his first album signed and told him it was shame he had been unable to perform today and I was happy that I had got to see his show on Thursday! Unfortunately we had been told no posed photos, so we said goodbye to him and left the tent. Well it turned out, he did not mind the posed photos despite the time constraints, which actually peeved me off. So I cheekily grabbed a photo with him as he was leaving to get in his car to go off to whatever was next on schedule. It probably helped that I had met a few times as he may not have stopped otherwise, so I do thank him for that, even though it was not a great photo of me!

Next year, I intend on going on both days, cos most of the musicals I love or I want to see were on the Saturday this year and I missed out on being able to go. So my plan for next year is to go both days, get there early, get a good spot and perhaps even bring a step stool!


No comments:

Post a Comment