Friday 21 June 2013

Matthew Morrison, Bush Hall London - 20th June 2013

Last Wednesday morning I got sent a link for a ticketing website. Matthew Morrison was coming to the UK to promote his latest album and he was playing an intimate show at Bush Hall in London. I knew I had to go especially when the ticket prices were so reasonable. Even more so, thanks to my best friend, Emma and her husband, Dan, I was able to book for VIP as I had a £30 gift voucher to use on Ticketmaster! (Still cannot stop thanking them for it!)

The day arrived and I spent all day watching the clock, desperate to set out for the venue! It felt like it went so slowly that when it got to half two, I could wait no longer! Before heading to the venue, I shot up to Oxford Street, picked up a copy of his album, shot round to Piccadilly Circus to capture my photo for photography challenge and then jumped on a tube and headed over to the venue. I ended being the first one there, despite expecting to find a good twenty odd people there already. So I went off for a walk, discovered where Loftus Road was and came back to find three ladies who I recognise, had turned up. Turned out they had also been at the Oliviers, one of whom just happened to work at local train station! Spent the next three hours chatting with them until the doors open, which definitely made the time go faster!

Finally it was time to go in and I nearly missed out on front row seats because the lady who was checking us off the list as we entered forgot to give me my wristband. But it turned out to be a blessing as I ended sitting next to a guy who attends the same conventions as me! I was position just to the right of the centre, so I did not need to worry about he dreaded microphone stand being in the way all of the time. Before Matthew came on, we got to see a new up and coming artist, Matt Wills perform. He is extremely talented, got a James Arthur vibe off him and he did very well making every one laugh and enjoy themselves, considering we could have been a hostile crowd as we were there for Matthew and not him.

Finally, it was time for the man we had come to see, with fabulous intro music from Brad Ellis and band! Matthew was swearing, making jokes and drinking on stage and it just felt more relaxed than his previous show. It felt more like him, that he could be himself, which I think all the fans absolutely loved. I know I did. Favourite moments included a West Side Story Medley, which I nicknamed "How to do West Side Story in Two Minutes" and Singin' in the Rain. Very happy as well that Matt looked my way and gave me a smile during the performance!

After the show, it was time for the Meet and Greet, which took place in the Terrace Bar upstairs. I was so excited and nervous to meet him, that when it came to my turn, I could barely get my words out. But Matthew was so lovely, he introduced himself, shook my hand and asked my name, even checking how to spell when signing my album. I manage to tell I was coming to the CD signing the next day, just so my daughter could meet him! He was great in the photos, getting up close with each fan to give them the best photo he could. Admittedly, I was not completely happy with my photo cos my stomach looked awful! While waiting for a friend outside the venue, I also got to meet Brad Ellis, the piano player on Glee. He was so lovely to talk to as was his wife! Though I was idiot who chose a song that I love that was not even arranged by him!

No comments:

Post a Comment