Saturday 27 December 2014

London Film and Comic Con Winter - October 2014

After the madness and the expense of LFCC in July, I really did not think I would be able to afford to attend the Winter one. But as always, guest after guest were announced that I wanted to meet, so I knew I had to find money to be able to attend. Obviously I did, as I would not be writing this blog. Sadly, because I have it so long to write this, I cannot remember everything from that day, so I will do my best!

This year I met: Mindy Sterling, Ariana Richards, Michael Trucco, Alan Ruck, Peter Duncan, Jerome Flynn, Ralph Macchio, MC Gainey, Catrin Stewart, Melody Perkins, and the wrestlers, Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hottie.

I had the pleasure of being able to meet Mindy Sterling, famous for her role in the Austin Powers franchise. She was absolutely bundle of energy, dancing during her photoshoot with the fans. Rachael was meant to come with me as she wanted to meet Mindy, as she has appeared in ANT Farm and ICarly. So I made sure I got the autograph signed for Rachael and Mindy asked me to say hello to Rachael for her when I got home. That made Rachael's day!

Another of my fave guests from the day was MC Gainey. I was scheduled to meet him in July but unfortunately he had to cancel. Luckily I was able to use my photoshoot ticket at LFCCW instead. He was an absolute pleasure to meet. I told him I actually liked his character from Lost and was sad when they killed him off. As I was trying to decide between two photos of his character to have signed, he ended up signing them both for me, at no extra cost to me.

The guest I was probably most excited for was Alan Ruck. Ferris Bueller's Day Off is one of my fave movies and Alan Ruck is outstanding as Cameron. I have to admit I could barely contain my excitement over meeting him and probably embarrassed myself in front of him when I got his autograph! Annoyingly, he was my last photo shoot of the day at 4pm, which was a bit of pain. Turns out it was for him too as he turned up to it with luggage as it appeared he had to be quick as he had a flight to catch!

An unexpected guest for me was Jerome Flynn. I had not intended to meet him as he was slightly more expensive to do so and I was more of a fan of his music than any of the TV shows he has done. But I bumped into a friend and we both decided why the hell not! He was an absolute gentleman and actually didn't mind that I love his album from the 90's (Yes, I am talking about Robson and Jerome). He even gave my friend a quick photo even though he was not to be doing them apart from his photoshoot. But there is always one guest who is prepared to bend the rules!

Despite the number of guests I met, it was actually quite quiet and I completed all my autographs within an hour and somehow managed to find ways to waste the time before my photoshoots. Now I need to save up for LFCC in July, which looks like it will be expensive just based on the first few guest announcements!!

No comments:

Post a Comment