Wednesday 17 December 2014

The Saturdays - Greatest Hits Live Tour - September 2014

I had not originally planned to go and see The Saturdays on this tour, purely as I just could not afford a ticket. But about three days before the concert at Wembley, I spotted a friend's Facebook status stating she had been sent an email with a link to tickets on a reliable site offering ridiculously good tickets at a ridiculously good price! £20 for seats 11 rows from the front - who says no to that?!

I always forget that Wembley arena is much smaller than the O2 arena. And I completely forgot that whenever The Saturdays play Wembley they always have part of their stage that comes out into front middle block. Our seats were in the right hand-side front block and our row lined up with the front of where the stage came into the audience! Definitely worth the £20 I paid for my seat at the last minute!


I have to be honest I have not brought an album of theirs since the debut album, Chasing Lights, but absolutely love their music. So admittedly, some songs were new to me! But as always an amazing show, with so much love from the audience for the girls! And as always the show was fantastic. I constantly see people criticizing them as live act, but they are one of my fave bands to see live!

It truly was a greatest hits tour with them performing many of their singles from across the years (they released the first single back in 2008). They performed fan favourites such as Up and All Fired Up and newer tracks such as 30 Days and Gentleman. The concert was fun and energetic with a fantastic acoustic set as well.

What was fantastic to see was all their friends and family there to support and sat not too far from us! There was support from Frankie and Rochelle's former S Club Juniors band mates, with Aaron as one of back up dancers and Jay sat in audience. Former JLS members, Marvin (Rochelle's husband) and Aston were also there, who I met between the girls' set! Obviously my daughter is very jealous as she loves JLS!

As always the girls put on an amazing show and I got to go with someone I met through social networking sites, meeting Jenni finally for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment