Tuesday 23 December 2014

The Big Reunion Boyband Tour - October 2014

Anyone who knows me, knows I love my boybands! So when the Big Reunion announced that this year's tour would comprise of the boybands from both series, I knew I had to go! I managed to get a seat in the presale, for the front middle block, six rows from the front at The O2 Arena, for what was a reasonable price in comparison to other shows I have seen there. For the price I paid, I got to see SEVEN boybands, who were amazing!

A1: My favourite boyband on the tour. I have love them ever since I saw them first perform at the Smash Hits Poll Winners Party, when they were battling it out for Best New Tour Act with Westlife (they didn't win). Been very lucky to have been able to meet them a few times when I was a teenager. They had done the reunion without Paul and this tour was no difference. To be honest, I highly doubt we will ever see Paul back with A1. The boys opened the show with Take On Me and also performed throughout the night, Caught in the Middle, Same Old Brand New You and Everytime. I really want to say the perform another song, but my mind has gone blank and I cannot find the official setlist for the show! Either they gave a fantastic performance, being the only band to play their own instruments in the show and it was great to hear more of Christian's voice as well. However, my own question is how did Ben managed the show without splitting his extremely tight trousers???

5ive: So before the tour begun and barely after it had been announced, it was announced that Abz would be taking part in the tour. 5 had already become 4 and now they were 3, and will continue to be 3 (as I have just discovered while checking my facts). To be honest, I was quite concerned how this would work as they had lost both their rappers and I had no idea how they were to pull it off! But my fears were squashed as they pull it off brilliantly. Turns out Scott is not too bad a rapper! It did not matter that they had lost members because despite now being 3, they still pulled off a great performance as they had when they were 5 or even 4. They performed the same songs as they had the year before: We Will Rock You/Everybody Get Up medley, Keep On Movin, If Ya Getting Down and they also performed When the Lights Go Out (I remember that as it is my fave song of theirs.

Damage: Another band with a member down. But with their vocals and harmonies still on point. I was never a huge fan of Damage but was obsessed with Love II Love. After seeing in February and again on their tour, I don't think I could ever get tired of listening to them song as their harmonies are for me some of the best in the business! They perfomed: Ghetto Romance, Wonderful Tonight, Forever and Love II Love. Throughout the evening everyone had been doing the obligatory stage selfies, but Damage had to go the other way, posing for the fans. Started serious and then just got funny!


911: Another band from the first series with a guarantee to get the girls screaming during Bodyshakin. Also performed: More than a Woman and A Little Bit More. There was another song, I think Love Sensation. What is brilliant about 911 is that these guys are now in their 40's and they are still performing the original dance routines! However, Lee has handed over some of the lead vocals to Jimmy and it is great to be able to finally hear his voice.

5th Story: the boyband supergroup put together for the last series, formed of Gareth Gates, Dane Bowers, Kavana, Adam Rickett and Kenzie. Quite honestly this band should never have worked at the February gig but they did! I actually looked forward to seeing them perform again and I hope to see them to do some more gigs together! For their songs, they did their same setlist from February, performing one song from each band members' career. These were: I Breath Again (Adam), Freak Me (Dane), I Can Make You Feel Good (Kavana), Crossroads/Flip Reverse (Kenzie) and they closed the show with Spirit in the Sky (Gareth).


3T: The only American boyband on the tour and admittedly not my fave group. I do love Anything, their debut single back in the 90's. However, I will say that for a 3 piece, their harmonies are incredible. Also was very impressed that they continued to honour and remember their uncle, Michael Jackson, during their set.

Blue: Again another band with a member down, but all thanks to Simon to appearing on Strictly Come Dancing (he was present for all gigs that didn't clash with show nights). I love seeing these guys perform live but even I knew none of them were going to be rapping to replace Simon. But I did not see them inviting Bradley from S Club 7 to come and fill in for Simon! Great move boys! Bradley did a great job and fit right in with the boys! Even teased us about the S Club Reunion, which was announced barely days later!

Now The Big Reunion is done and dusted for 2014, we are left wondering is series 3 going to happen in 2015 and if so, who is going to appear?

No comments:

Post a Comment