Saturday 27 December 2014

X Factor Homecoming Gig - December 2014

I know not everyone is a fan of the X Factor. To be honest, at times, the show absolutely frustrates me with choices of contestants who make it to the live shows and then the British public frustrates me because they vote for the wrong people! But I continue to watch because there has been some fantastic artists to come from the show, whether or not they won. I mean, just look at Ella Henderson, eliminated in a shock bottom 2, despite being favourite to win, waited two years before releasing material and her debut single was a massive hit as it was just so good! 

Croydon has seen many finalists over the years but it has never managed to be lucky enough to have one get to the final show! Last year, the semi finals with the talented Rough Copy. But this year, it finally happened, someone from Croydon finally got to the final. And that was Ben Haenow! And getting to final meant two things, he could possibly win this and that Croydon was getting a homecoming gig!!!!
So, yes, I went to it with Rachael! We waited 3 hours to see him, meaning we got a spot at the front! It was worth the wait and watching the crowds slowly increase in numbers to show their support for Ben! No one was impressed by being made to wait as Simon was running late, he actually got booed! But he arrived and he came on stage to introduce Ben. Despite everything that was said and despite the fact I still believe he favoured Fleur over Ben, you could tell he was supportive of Ben. 

The noise for Ben when he finally came out on stage was enormous! There was so much love and support for him! He was so overwhelmed by it all! But he managed to perform for the crowds, Jealous Guy and Come Together. He was fantastic! His time on stage may have been short and sweet but it was worth the wait to see him perform and to show him our support!

I was convinced by the day of the final that Fleur was going to win. Though, at last second I changed my mind and thought Ben may have done it. You see, when they come out for the announcement of the winner, there seems to be tell tale sign of who is going to win. I have noticed it on the X Factor and variety of other shows. One person will always look calm and the other will look nervous and sometimes terrified. And it is the latter person who always wins! Ben looked so nervous during the wait for the name of who had won that I realised he had done it. But it didn't stop me screaming so loud when his name was announced that I woke up my son!!!!

So CONGRATULATIONS BEN!!!! You so deserve this! The voting figures proved you did!


No comments:

Post a Comment